The annual conference brings together employers, university representatives, and students in an educational and networking environment. The conference workshops and sessions are specifically designed to provide the exchange of ideas on the issues of formally integrating institutionally supervised work experiences with college students.
The Southwest Regional Conference will be held July 30-31, 2015 in Fort Worth, TX!
Below is a tentative schedule of the upcoming 2015 Southwest Regional Conference!
Thursday, July 30, 2015
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Executive Board Meeting
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Registration open
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Welcome
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Hot Topic! Update on the Texas Labor Market
Mick Normington, Business Specialist,Texas Workforce Commission
– Labor Market & Career Information Department
3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Break/ Hotel Check-in
3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Breakout Session: Social Media for Higher Education Professionals
Presented by Sally Pérez-Ramos, Internship Coordinator,
St. Edward's University
4:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Break
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Employer Panel Discussion
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. President’s Reception
7:15 p.m. Networking at Lobby Bar
Friday, July 31, 2015
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Breakfast & Business Meeting - All attendees welcome
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Break
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. 2015 Legal Update: What’s In the News &
What Do You Need To Know?
Cecily Becker, Director Extern Program,
Texas A & M School of Law, Fort Worth, TX
10:00 p.m. – 10:15 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. – 11:25 a.m. Best Practices Speed Sessions
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Closing remarks
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Executive Board Meeting Luncheon
Early Bird Registration Fee through June 19, 2015
- Early bird registration fee by mail-in check: $190
- Early bird registration fee by credit card: $200
Conference Registration Deadline is July 15, 2015
- Regular conference registration fee by mail-in check: $237
- Regular conference registration fee by credit card: $250
Anything postmarked after July 25th will be $300 at the door.
Conference registration to be paid at the door is a flat fee of $300, check only.
Graduate Student Fee
Graduate students have the opportunity to partake in the conference by paying a discounted rate of $100. To be considered for the graduate student rate, please note the following:
· Individuals enrolled in degree granting programs of accredited colleges/ universities who have demonstrated interest in the career services, employer relations, and internship & Co-Op coordinator professions and who are not employed full-time in the profession. Student members are eligible to attend conferences and workshops, and serve on committees, but cannot vote or hold office.
· Membership dues shall be half (1/2) of the full individual membership rate. Student membership is not available to those who would qualify for membership under the Regular membership category. Student membership eligibility ends six months after the completion of the degree, or upon employment in the field, whichever comes first.
The conference will be held at the Embassy Suites - Downtown Fort Worth, TX. Room rates are $135 per night for single or double occupancy. Use group name: TxCEIA. Make reservations by calling 1-817-332-6900 to receive this rate.
If you have problems with registering for the hotel, please direct questions to TxCEIA Treasurer Jimmie Henslee at email@example.com.
Additional Registration Instructions if Paying by Check:
Through this event page register by indicating that you are paying by check and select the rate for by paying by check. Then mail your check to Jimmie Henslee, P.O. Box 535111, Grand Prairie, Texas 75053.
Additional Information & Questions about Conference:
Tracy Williams M.S., LPC
TxCEIA, Inc. President-Elect & 2015 Conference Chair
Coordinator of Career Services
Tarrant County College Northwest Campus | WSTU 1406G
4801 Marine Creek Parkway | Fort Worth, TX 76179
817-515-7785 | 817-515-0786 fax
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.tccd.edu