2019 Southwest Regional Conference is sponsored by the Texas Cooperative Education & Internship Association (TxCEIA) and provides career services professionals and faculty from two and four year colleges in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas a forum to discuss topics and issues in cooperative education and internships.
During this two-day event, you will meet with other career services professionals to discuss best practices in cooperative education and internships.
The Southwest Regional Conference will be held July 25-26, 2019 in AUSTIN, TX!
Thursday, July 25
11:00-11:45am Executive Board Meeting
1:00-2:30pm Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Assistant Commissioner,
Dr. Rex Peebles
- Texas Internship Challenge overview
- 60 X 30 THECB external learning definitions and rules
2:45-3:30pm Employer panel
- Tito's Vodka, Levy Restaurants, Texas Commission on Environmental
Quality, City of Austin
3:45-4:30pm College internship panel
- Comparing & contrasting the way different schools run their programs
4:30-5:00pm Networking break
5:00-6:00pm Networking reception
6:00-8:00pm President's dinner
Friday, July 26
7:00-9:00am Breakfast and Networking
9:00-10:15am Best practices roundtables (Various Topics)
10:45-11:45am Texas Department of Information Resources Director, Kelly Parker and Asst.
Director, Joan Scott
- DIR is the "state IT department" that handles all IT issues for all state
agencies. In fall 2019, they are adding substantial funding for internships
on all DIR managed state contracts.
11:45am–12:00pm Business Meeting and Closing
Please note: Using Internet Explorer as your browser will result in errors and incomplete registrations. Therefore, we recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox.
June 30, 2019 $225.00
NOW - July 1-15, 2019 $275.00
July 16 and at the door $325.00
5901 North IN 35
Austin, TX 78723
Call hotel direct to make reservations 1-512-454-8004
Make reservations NOW to get conference rate
Use Conference Code: COO
Room Rate $134.00 plus tax. Bring School tax number for exemption of taxes.
Cut off date: July 5, 2019
Graduate Student Registration Rate
Graduate students have the opportunity to partake in the conference by paying a discounted rate of $100. To be considered for the graduate student rate, please note the following:
· Individuals enrolled in degree granting programs of accredited colleges/ universities who have demonstrated interest in the career services, employer relations, and internship & Co-Op coordinator professions and who are not employed full-time in the profession. Student members are eligible to attend conferences and workshops, and serve on committees, but cannot vote or hold office.
· Membership dues shall be half (1/2) of the full individual membership rate. Student membership is not available to those who would qualify for membership under the Regular membership category. Student membership eligibility ends six months after the completion of the degree, or upon employment in the field, whichever comes first.